Listen and Inquire – conversations to sense what matters most and to explore current individual and team perspectives.
Is there a gap between your espoused and enacted values?
- Are you good at ‘reading’ the behaviours and dynamics of your peers and direct reports? Is there room for improvement?
- Are you demonstrating the kinds of behaviours you would like others to emulate?
- Are you fully using your collective capability - i.e. are you working well as teams when you need to? If not, what do you need to do differently?
- Is there agreement about which performance goals require team work and which do not?
- Are there unspoken issues which need to be explored/resolved in order to improve leadership team performance?
- What do you need to be doing differently to have greater impact and influence across the teams you lead?
Which led to the creation and facilitation of cross business unit teams to:
- Think strategically about the emerging vision and to shape the vision by adding their own creative & collective intelligence
- Develop stronger relationships & better quality conversations across the business units that begin to cut through organisational divisions and silos.
- Identify ‘experiments’, questions and challenges that will help teams discover what should be conserved and what new possibilities could be nurtured.